Now I still want to "grow up" but I'm wary about doing so. I don't even have the financial stability to grow up. Basically, I can't do all that much with my life at present. I don't even have my drivers license, much less a car to drive. I don't really like driving, and I certainly do not want to drive in Chicago busy streets and traffic. >_< Then there's choosing a college. Woo yay fun! -___- Here are the reasons why I'm dreading college; Money. Of course. Unless I eat nothing but breadcrumbs and wear the same outift for 2-4 years, I can't afford it. Who can afford it these days? I DO NOT want any student loans to deal with. I want to be as debt free as possible, especially when I get married and start a family. Which is a whoooole other topic that's not going to be spoken of today. *back to college topic* Ah and of course, the lovely process of choosing a major. The average person changes their major 6 times or something like that. 6 times! And I can see why. I'm probably gonna go with a major in Performing Arts and a minor in creative writing. Or I may choose the other way around. Only time will tell. Maybe I'll end up majoring in some weird bizarre thing I've never even heard of yet. And that's the part that drives me crazy about it all, I don't want to have to change my mind. I don't want to waste anymore of my life than I already have. Like the time I'm wasting typing this. X)
My point is, I feel like I don't have anymore time to spare, like I'm getting old. I know I'm not, and I can just hear all you people who've lived longer than I have saying; "Don't worry about it! You're so young! You have plenty of time!" NO LADY I DON'T! It sure doesn't feel like it. The Five For Fighting song "100 Years" comes to my mind. I remember singing that song when I was 11 years old and 15 seemed so far away. Then when I was 15 I was like; "Hey I'm 15 now! It's like he's singing those parts to me now." I felt so cool, like 15 was "all that". Well guess what? 15 already said bye-bye quite a while ago. And what progress have I made since then? I guess I've made a good bit, but not what I was hoping I would have. So what am I trying to say by all this? Well, this just started out as a ramble and I didn't actually have plans as to where it would go. But I guess what I'm trying to say is that sometimes we need to stop expecting things to happen within OUR time frames and just let God's plans for our lives unfold. We need to appreciate what we have while we have it. I seriously need to take my own advice. Do I still have dreams bigger than planet earth? Yes. Will I try and let God write my life story and lead me down the right path? Yes!
Lord, help me to trust You and know that You will take care of me and those I love. Help me to never forget that money doesn't matter, clothes don't matter, cars and houses don't make people Saints, and therefore, don't matter either. You will give us what we need, when we need it. And most of all, help me to remember that You'll give me the strength to do what I need to do in a certain aspect of my life. Mary, our dearest Blessed Mother, pray for us now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.
Much love,
Drea. ♥
"A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities." -J.R.R. Tolkien
Hellooo! Is this Andrea of facebook? :D It's sure is. hehe nice meeting you here. You sure do sound like so mature for your age, :D You think a lot too. hahaha.I think im just the opposite..im childish in a lot of ways..and i dont have a boyfriend yet and im already 23(wew is that so bad?) hahha. I enjoyed reading your posts...you can really write well. :D
ReplyDeleteHehe, yes, it's me. :) Nice seeing you here too. I went to the info sections on facebook of a bunch of friends to see if they had blogs, and I found yours. :) There's nothing wrong with your not having a boyfriend yet, there's a lot of good aspects to that actually. My situation is just a little... complicated. lol. And thank you. :) I hope to have some more posts up soon.
ReplyDelete